OFSTED and SIAMS
We are a GOOD school! Here is some of what the inspectors found:
The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school since the previous inspection. Your hard work and that of the staff have ensured that the school continues to improve.
Leaders and governors have an accurate and realistic understanding of the school’s
current strengths and areas for improvement. Your actions are well targeted in
addressing any weaknesses. Leaders implement a range of school improvement
initiatives that are tightly focused on improving outcomes for pupils.
Throughout my visit, pupils displayed positive attitudes to their learning. My
discussions with pupils revealed that they are happy at school and feel safe and well
Download the full OFSTED report: Ofsted Report 2017
As a church school we are also inspected by the Church of England under the Statutory Inspection of Anglican, Methodist and ecumenical Schools (SIAMs). Here are the key findings:
- Leadership is passionate and committed to the work of a Church school. A rich inspiring curriculum is being created although the provision for spirituality requires further development.
- The Christian vision drives the school’s work to support all pupils, particularly those who are vulnerable pupils. Specific and often highly individualised provision is put in place which raises self-esteem and enables pupils to flourish.
- Influential partnerships make a significant contribution to pupils’ development.
- Relationships with pupils in other countries deepen pupils’ understanding of exploitation of the natural world, enabling them to become confident advocates for change.
- The school is seen as a caring community where pupils from other schools are welcomed so they can overcome barriers and shine. Pupils make strong relationships and show a high degree of respect.
- The importance of religious education (RE) is rising steadily, with new resources and imaginative new plans created which challenge pupils’ thinking. However, assessment in RE is not fully developed.
Download the full SIAMs report: Shoscombe Church School VA SIAMS Report November 2019
We are continually evaluating our SIAMs provision, especially in light of our recent inspection. Read SIAMS in our school to see how our school vision, values , policies, current thinking and diocesan links feed into the SIAMs framework.