OFSTED and SIAMS
We are a GOOD school! Here is some of what the inspectors found:
The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school since the previous inspection. Your hard work and that of the staff have ensured that the school continues to improve.
Leaders and governors have an accurate and realistic understanding of the school’s
current strengths and areas for improvement. Your actions are well targeted in
addressing any weaknesses. Leaders implement a range of school improvement
initiatives that are tightly focused on improving outcomes for pupils.
Throughout my visit, pupils displayed positive attitudes to their learning. My
discussions with pupils revealed that they are happy at school and feel safe and well
Download the full OFSTED report: Ofsted Report 2017
As a church school we are also inspected by the Church of England under the Statutory Inspection of Anglican, Methodist and ecumenical Schools (SIAMs). Here is an extract from our SIAMS report:
The distinctiveness and effectiveness of Shoscombe Primary School as a Church of England school is outstanding
- There is a permeating and inspirational Christian ethos. The school fully embraces its Christian foundation and promotes Christian values in all areas of school life
- Children’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is outstanding and is effectively supported by high quality Religious Education (RE) and collective worship
- There are outstanding relationships between the school, the church and the local Christian community
- Every child is enabled to flourish and make excellent progress in their learning because of the school’s outstanding nurturing and caring family ethos
- Children develop as confident, caring, creative, positive and friendly individuals. Because of the school’s attention to their personal development, behaviour is outstanding
Download the full SIAMs report: Shoscombe SIAMS Nov 2014 Final report
We are continually evaluating our SIAMs provision, especially in light of the new SIAMs framework. Read SIAMS in our school to see how our school vision, values , policies, current thinking and diocesan links feed into the SIAMs framework.