Free School Meals
We would like to encourage any parent who is eligible for benefits related Free School Meals to register even if your child does not take the meals.
By registering, you will help your school to receive vital extra entitled funding for Pupil Premium (for this current year – £1300 per Primary pupil).
Below is a list of qualifying benefits for free school meals.
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (WITHOUT Working Tax Credit) and have and annual household income (as assessed by HMRC) below £16,190
- Run-on Working Tax Credit which is only paid for 4 weeks after you STOP qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- The Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under PartV1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
The B&NES Free School Meals Eligibility Checking service now has a new Free School Meals web page on the B&NES website with a link to an online benefit related free school meal application form which can be found using the following link: https://beta.bathnes.gov.uk/
Universal Free School Meals
From September 2014 the Government has funded Schools in England to provide every child in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 a free hot nutritious school meal every day. This is in addition to and regardless of being in receipt of benefits related free school meals.