Covid-19: Return and Recovery
We are looking forward to welcoming all children back to school this autumn term.
Changes at school for Term 1
We are delighted that all children are now back at school. Children will be taught by their class teacher and a small team of support staff will be with each class ‘bubble’. Here are some helpful documents to help you to understand the precautions we are taking to ensure the safety and well-being of children in school.
Our Recovery plan
We know that our children need time to adjust and recover from the impact of Covid-19 on their lives and their education. We have carefully considered how we will do this in our Recovery Curriculum Intent, Implementation and Impact plan.
Our home learning plan (the contingency!)
We are currently not providing home learning resources as all children are required to attend school. However, should there be a local or national reason for school to close we would resume our home learning offer as below:
- Our teachers will provide a daily timetable of activities supported with resources, videos and and suggested websites.
- Your daily learning will be sent to you directly through Class Dojo. Some children may also be sent short lessons or activities from their intervention teacher to support them with their catch-up learning.
- Your child’s class teacher will continue to be contactable throughout the term via Dojo to answer your questions about home learning.
- Your child’s class web page will also provide links to the timetable and links to spellings, maths clubs, the wider-curriculum activities and helpful websites suitable for the class. There are also links to ideas and activities that will support your child’s mental health and well-being.
- Please use the Student Portfolio facility on Dojo to upload your child’s learning. This will enable the teachers to view your child’s work and provide comments and feedback to them. We expect all children to ‘have a go’ with their home learning. You will be directed daily as to which learning to upload.
- We will also upload school prayers, Collective Worship, story time and celebrations.
For further details of our contingency plan please read: Contingency plan Shoscombe.docx