This page keeps you up-to-date with changes to learning in light of the Covid-19 pandemic.
School is now closed to all children. There are some exceptions for children of critical workers. If you think your child is eligible for one of these spaces please contact the school directly.
For those children at home we are offering comprehensive remote learning on a daily basis. This work will be sent to parents via Dojo and also uploaded to the class webpage.
Teachers will be able to give some feedback to learning through Dojo and children must upload their work to the portfolio daily.
For those children in school, they will be supervised by teaching assistants in a ‘bubble’. They will be accessing the same remote learning as the rest of their class whilst at school.
If you have any questions or concerns or need support please do not hesitate to get in touch with us through Dojo or via the school office.
Our home learning plan (Term 3)
Each of our class pages has a detailed letter explaining exactly what to expect for your child. We are also uploading copies of the daily slides to these pages, links to helpful websites and photos to celebrate the amazing home learning we are seeing on Dojo.
Here is an overview of our remote learning offer:
- Our teachers will provide a daily timetable of activities supported with resources, videos and and suggested websites.
- Your daily learning will be sent to you directly through Class Dojo. Some children may also be sent short lessons or activities from their intervention teacher to support them with their catch-up learning. This will depend on available staffing.
- Your child’s class teacher will continue to be contactable via Dojo to answer your questions about home learning.
- Your child’s class web page will also provide links to the daily timetable and links to spellings, maths clubs and helpful websites suitable for the class. There are also links to ideas and activities that will support your child’s mental health and well-being.
- Please use the Student Portfolio facility on Dojo to upload your child’s learning. This will enable the teachers to view your child’s work and provide comments and feedback to them. We expect all children to ‘have a go’ with their home learning. You will be directed daily as to which learning to upload.
- We will also upload school prayers, Collective Worship, story time and celebrations when possible.
Our Recovery plan (Terms 1 and 2)
We know that our children need time to adjust and recover from the impact of Covid-19 on their lives and their education. We have carefully considered how we will do this in our Recovery Curriculum Intent, Implementation and Impact plan.
When this latest lockdown has ended we will revisit our Recovery Plan and update it as necessary. We will recover!